In the first major revisions to divorce laws in 45 years, the Illinois Legislature has:
- eliminated the traditional grounds for divorce
- revised custody laws and terminology,
- adopted spousal maintenance guidelines,
- completely overhauled child support laws.
Adding to all of this has been the new tax laws passed by Congress in 2018. It will greatly affect tax issues when maintenance/alimony is an issue. With all these changes, you must carefully select a law firm that is prepared to navigate the best path forward for you.
At Andreano & Lyons, we remain a litigation law firm - ready to right for our client's rights. However, we have also developed our practice to be flexible to meet each client's needs.
This approach recognizes some options to traditional litigation:
- Settlement reached between the parties
- Mediation with an independent mediator selected by the parties
- Collaborative divorce process
- Pretrial Conferences with the judge
Mon - Fri.
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The contents of this website are for advertisement and general information purposes only. You should not act on any of this information until you have consulted with an attorney. Every case is different and so is the advice given.